Happy Thursday everyone!
Today is my 22nd Birthday and I’m spending it in my new home in Edmonton.
Decided to start the day off with a good workout consisting of skipping and medi ball intervals.
Post-workout meal = Earl Grey Blueberry Waffles! They were delicious.
Earl Grey Blueberry Waffles
Makes: 4 servings Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 4 mins per waffle
- 1 1/4 cups white or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon corn startch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups almond milk
- 2 Earl Grey Tea bags
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 vanilla bean (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- canola oil spray
- Berries for topping
- In a small pot, heat almond milk till it begins to boil. Remove from heat, add the two Earl Grey tea bags and cover for 5 minutes till steeped.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients till well mixed. Add almond milk and mix well.
- Heat a waffle maker and spray with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto waffle maker plate and cook as per your waffle makers instructions. Repeat till all batter is used.
- Top waffles with fresh fruit, real maple syrup and banana whip (see below).
To make Banana whip, combine two frozen bananas with 2 tbsp of almond milk and a tsp of vanilla into a vitamix blender. Blend on medium till bananas turn into the consistency of ice cream (use the plunger thingy that comes with your vitamix).