Recipe #4 of the new year….
Yummy, creamy, comforting Stew!
If you think you have to give up comfort foods when becoming a vegan….
Butternut Squash Stew
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 butternut squash, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2-3 tbsp ginger, skinned and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can white beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large pot, bring 4-5 liters of water to a boil. Pour butternut squash into pot and cook on medium heat till tender (15-20 minutes). Remove from heat, strain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium high heat. Add garlic, ginger, onion and jalapeno peppers. Cook till onion has turned brown.
- In a large pot, transfer garlic mixture, butternut squash, coconut milk, tomatoes (with juice) and beans. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve on top of cooked quinoa. Garnish with sliced green onions.