Want a great breakfast food….
… Don’t have the time during the week to make breakfast…
… How about a quick snack while in the car?…
… or something to top your soy yogurt or dairy free ice cream with?…
… Why not try making this super seedy granola on Sunday! Take it with you to keep you fueled throughout the week!….
… It freezes well and can last up to two weeks in the cupboard.
Super Seedy Granola
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 cups oat groats, soaked for 24 hours
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup chia seed
- 1/4 cup unhauled sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped prunes
- 1/3 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 & 1/4 quick oats
- 2 tbsp chocolate covered coca nibs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- Pre heat oven to 400 F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- Thinly spread mixture onto several baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn mixture after 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve for breakfast with cooked cream of wheat and soy milk. Yumm!
Recipe #3 of 2013!