Study breaks = Cookie making!!
For gifts this year for close friends I have decided to make vegan ginger bread men. Not the most creative gift but they are delicious and I have yet to meet someone who turns down cookies.
Ginger Bread Cookies
Makes: 16-20 cookies Prep-time: 10-15 minutes Bake time: 12 minutes per batch
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 vanilla flavored soymilk
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chia spices (or 1/3 tsp of: ginger, nutmeg, cloves)
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare oven for 350F. Grease two to three cookie sheets with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine all wet ingredients, followed by all dry ingredients. Mix until dough can easily be managed. If too sticky, add more flour (1 tbsp at a time) if too dry add more soymilk (1 tbsp at a time).
- Flour a generous working surface (such as a table or counter top). Using a rolling pin, roll dough mixture out onto well floured surface till 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a gingerbread man (or other Christmas) cookie cutter, cut out dough and place on greased cookie sheets. Repeat till all dough is used up.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until cookies are nearly firm when touched.
- Let cool overnight.
- To decorate the cookies, use icing (icing sugar and soymilk), sprinkles and candy. Enjoy!