Happy Halloween everyone!
What better way to start off such a sweet day then to make HEALTHY PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES!
Do you know that a grande (2 cup) pumpkin spice latte made with whole milk will pack more then 340 calories with 10 g of fat and 47 g of sugar! Not to mention all the added chemical preservative!
The recipe below makes two 2 cup servings of my vegan version of a pumpkin spice latte. Each serving contains approximately 170 calories, less then 7 grams of fat and under 20 grams of sugar. The true highlight of this recipe is that everything is natural and you are not consuming man made chemicals!
Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Makes: 4 cups Pre-time: 5 minutes Cook time: 5-10 minutes
- 4 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 3 dates, pitted
- 3-4 tsp chia tea leaves (or pumpkin chia tea leaves from “David’s Tea” company)
- Bring to a boil your almond milk, pumpkin and dates.
- Once boiling reduce to a simmer and add you tea leaves
- Let steep for 5-6 minutes.
- Strain leaves and dates. Serve hot!