So kinda fell off the raw wagon 2 nights ago and made my all time favorite Chinese dish. The dish is still High Carb Low Fat Vegan, just not raw. Please enjoy!
Tofu and Lychees
Makes: 4 servings Prep-Time: 20 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can lychee fruit
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp corn startch
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 block of tofu
- 3 cups, chopped kale
- 2 stalks of green onion
- Prepare brown rice as directed by box.
- Cut up vegetables and tofu into 1 inch x 1 inch pieces.
- In a wok, toss in tofu and let cook until crispy. Once done add vegetables into wok and cook till slightly chewy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lychee juice from the can, tomato paste, white vinegar and salt.
- Add sauce and lychee fruit to the wok and simmer.
- In a glass, combine corn starch with 4 tbsp of COLD water. Add to the wok mixture. This should thicken the sauce.
- Serve on top of rice.