Good morning everyone and welcome to a rainy weekend (if your in the Ottawa area). We have literally had 1 month straight of no rain and hot humid weather…. so I guess the rain should be welcomed. I love the rain…. Thoughts of cozying up next to a fire with a good book and extra large cup of tea come rushing to mind every time it starts to pour.
Last night it was raining, so I decided to heat up the house with some…. BAKING! I still have a ton of peaches and bananas in my house so I thought why not make some peaches and cream banana bread! The recipe turned out great and the bread itself is so moist. You can taste the peaches every time you bit into the loaf. I would recommend heating a slice up and topping it with a bit of earth balance vegan butter.
Peaches and Cream Banana Bread
Makes: 10 large slices Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes (depending on fruit moisture)
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 ripe peaches, blended into a puree (or 1/4 cup of apple sauce)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced
- Per heat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, pureed peaches, olive oil, sugar and molasses.
- Fold your flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into your wet mixture (banana mixture).
- Oil a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Pour your dough into the pan.
- Bake bread for 1 hour +/- 10minutes. The top should be lightly browned and a knife inserted through the center should come out clean.