I also made my all time favorite baked vegan bit size doughnuts. These bad boys have a load of pumpkin in them. Try them out… I bet you you wont be able to stop at 1. The best part, each doughnut is only 41 calories! (including icing and sprinkles!)
Bit Sized Sprinkle Doughnuts
Makes: 32 doughnuts Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 flax egg ( 2 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 5 tbsp water. Let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin, canned, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 -3/4 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray non-stick spray onto a mini muffin tin (should hold 32 mini muffins).
- In a large mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients (flax egg, apple cider vinegar, soy milk, pumpkin, vanilla, olive oil, cane sugar).
- Fold your dry ingredients( flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger) into your wet ingredients.
- Once fully combined, scoop mixture 1 tbsp at a time into your mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted through the center or a doughnut comes out clean.
- Let cool over night.
- To make icing: combine all three ingredients. You may need to add more icing sugar or pumpkin in order to get an icing like consistency. Store in fridge over night.
- In the morning, dip doughnut into icing then into sprinkles. Repeat for every doughnut.
- Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or cleansing green tea!