So as you all can see, I have changed the design of this blog. Why? I wanted the blog to be more eye catching and easier to navigate.
Please vote. I love hearing your feedback. It helps me create a better blog for you to enjoy!
Of course whats a post without a recipe!!!!
Peachy Scones with Kiwi Coconut Rum Jam- amazing flavor with a good amount of sweet. I love just looking at how pretty these little guys are 🙂
Makes: 10 – 14 scones Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup soy milk
- 4 tbsp vegan butter, soft
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp melted vegan butter
- Peach jam (in my case I used homemade Kiwi Coconut Rum jam)
- 4-5 peaches, sliced
- Scone: In a large mixing bowl, combine all scone ingredients. Once formed into a sticky ball of dough, transfer to a well floured counter surface. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out till it is 1/2 inch thick. Using a circular cookie cutter (I used a cup), cut dough with cookie cutter and place onto a cookie sheet, these are now your scones. Continue to form and roll out dough until you have used up all your dough.
- Dip scones into melted butter and place back on cookie sheet. Make an indent in each scone using your fingers.
- Place a teaspoon of jam into each indent and top with 3 slices of peach. Repeat for all scones.
- Dust each scone with cinnamon.
- Place scones in oven at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until slightly brown.