Morning everyone and happy Friday! This weekend is looking to be quite layed back for me. Yoga tonight, kettle bell training tomorrow and yoga followed by brunch on Sunday. Can’t complain.
Yesterday evening I was cutting all my wheat grass and juicing it because the grass was on its last days. This was after a delicious dinner (corn chowder.. see recipe below). As I was juicing I thought to myself ” I want some dessert”. Having recently become addicted to Banana soft serve, I decide to make some. Then the light bulb came on, ” WHEAT GRASS BANANA SOFT SERVE!” Sounds really random and not so tasty but it was DELICIOUS! And probably the most nutrient dense dessert you will ever come across! BONUS.
Keep an open mind and try this recipe out, you will be in love with this dessert.
Wheat Grass Banana Soft Serve
Makes: 2 small servings Prep Time: 2 minutes
- 1 frozen banana, peal removed before freezing
- 1 tbsp wheat grass juice
- 2-4 tbsp vanilla soy milk
- Dried coconut for garnish
- In a VitaMix blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except coconut. Make sure to blend on a low setting. You want the mixture to be the same consistency of ice cream. If you need to add more soy milk, feel free to do so.
- Scoop into bowl and garnish with coconut. Consume immediately.
Vegan Corn Chowder and Garlic Bread
Makes: 4 servings Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium white potato, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cobs of corn, cooked, cooled and corn kernels cut off cob
- 1/4 jalapeno, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unflavored soy milk
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1 baguette, purchases from a bakery
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
For the Soup
- In a large pot, heat butter or oil on medium-high. Add onions, garlic and potato and saute for 5 minutes. Add in cut corn kernels and jalapeno and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth to the pot; turn heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and blend on low till soup is in between chunky and pureed.
- Return mixture back to pot. On low heat stir in soy milk with pureed soup. Heat for 5 minutes. Adjust flavor to your liking with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls, garnished with tomato and basil.
For the garlic bread
- Cut baguette into 12 slices. Butter each slice and top with minced garlic.
- Turn oven on to Low Broil.
- Place baguette slices onto a baking sheet. Put in oven and cook till golden brown (5-10 minutes depending on oven).
- Serve with soup.