Evening everyone…Tonight I got together with two close friends and we had a cooking party. We made baked sweet potato topped with a pinto bean chili, vegan sour cream and onions. The recipe came from “The Sprouted Kitchen” http://www.sproutedkitchen.com/. For dessert I made a coconut cream cheese cake but left it at home because at work we didn’t have a freezer. That’s one thing with vegan cheese cake, it must only be taken out of the freezer 20 minutes before eating. Nevertheless I made the cheese cake and it is sitting in my freezer waiting to be shared.
Coconut Cream Cheese Cake
Makes: 2 mini cheese cakes Soak time: 3-5 hours Prep time: 15 minutes Freezing time: 2-3 hours
- 1-2 cups mixed nuts (sunflower seeds, peanuts, almonds, brazil nuts, etc.)
- 4 dates
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 3-4 tbsp agave nectar
- 1-2 tbsp coconut water
- ¼ cup coconut meat
- Lemon slices, garnish
To make your crust:
- Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend until consistent crumb mixture forms.
- Spread crust mixture on the bottom of a small spring cake pan. Press crumb mixture firmly down. Set aside when making the cream.
To make your vegan cream:
- Combine all cream ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend until consistent and creamy mixture forms.
- Spread creamy mixture on top of your crust base.
Place lemon slices on top of cream. Place in freezer for 2-3 hours. Take out of freezer 20 minutes before consuming.
Can I just say… YUMMMMM! Perfect serving for 3 to share.