Vegan Raspberry Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes
Makes: 12-16 pancakes Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 6-8 mins per batch
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- ½ cup ground flax seeds (mixed with ½ cup water let sit for 10 mins)
- ½ cup bran flakes
- ½ cup unsweetened ground coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp camu camu powder
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1-2 cups nut milk
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine ground flax and water; set aside for 10 minutes. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Add all wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Finally add flax mixture. If final mixture is too watery add more quinoa or bran flakes, if too dry add more nutmilk.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil on medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Pour pancake mixture onto oiled skillet using a 1/3 cup measuring cup. Cook on one side for 3 minutes, flip and cook on other side for 3 minutes or until pancake is firm.
- Serve with slice fruit, Canadian maple syrup, earth balance vegan butter and a smile!