Evening everyone and Happy Canada Day! This evening my boyfriend (Luke) and I went down to parliament hill, watched the bands play and ended the evening with fireworks and a 10km bike home.What a great day.
This morning for energy we made TROPICAL GREEN MONSTERS! YUMM. One thing I have noticed is the more green smoothies one consumes the more they want (and the more attractive the green color becomes). The first time I had a green smoothie I was really hesitant to dive into the green goo. But once I opened my mind and mouth I was presently surprised by the refreshing taste.
Tropical Green Monster
Makes: 10L approx. Prep Time: 5 mins Blend Time: 2mins
- 1-2 bunches of spinach
- 1-2 bunches beet greens
- 2 mangoes, ripe
- 3 bananas, ripe
- Blend, pour, drink!
Another amazing drink that is green is wheat grass juice! Probably the healthiest thing known to man this potant juice will knock you off your feet and have you dancing with energy for hours. CAUTION: take only 1 once and chase your wheat grass shot with a slice of orange.
Wheat Grass Shots
Makes: 2 onces Prep Time: 2 mins Juicing Time: 30 seconds
- Wheat grass (grow your own or purchase from health food store)
- 1 orange slice
- Cut about a handful of wheat grass.
- Using a wheat grass juicer, juice as directed. If you do not own a wheat grass juicer, place grass into a high speed blender (such as a VitaMix), add 2 tbsp water and blend on high for 30 seconds or until mixture is liquid.
- Pour liquid mixture (if using blender method) into a nutmilk bag and strain juice into a shot glass.
- Serve juice with an orange slice on the side.
Bon Nuit! Tomorrow I’ll be posting a fabulous Raspberry Pancake Recipe so keep your eyes open for some delicious photos taken for that recipe.